Monday, January 31, 2011

some things really open your eyes....

I don't think most people realize how much 30 minutes or an hour, or two hours taking photos with a family can give you such a connection to them. My clients aren't just clients to me. They become my friends, my extended family. I don't just take photos.  I make connections with the people I work with,. They let me in their lives, in their homes and let me capture important moments in their lives, moments they want to remember. I am part of Engagements, Weddings, last days of maternity, first days home with newborns, first birthday photos...etc.... I love my clients. They are all amazing and all have such a special place in my heart for so many different reasons. When I started my business in photography I never realized how close I would get to some of my clients.

One of my clients, who are now like family, are the Bogue Family. I met the Bogue Family on March 24, 2010. I met T and J for a maternity session. She was due any day. In fact she delivered 4 days after our photos together. T had the most welcoming personality, I felt an instant friendship with both her and J. They both insisted their baby would be a boy, I instantly thought girl!

A few weeks after their maternity photos, I got to meet baby Savanna (Yes, I was right, she was a girl!). She was so young yet already full of so much personality. I had so much fun taking baby Savanna's photos. She was like a little angel.

A short time after their session, they moved to TX. I was so sad. No, I didn't know them well. But like I said, my clients become like family.

In November, I went on my first vacation alone. Without my husband, without my kids. It was a trip for ME. I needed it. I had a blast. But I came home to horrible news. God needed another Angel in heave. He picked Savanna. I cried. I had friends call me upset by the news, they didn't even know the Bogue family, but felt like they knew them because they followed my photos. I felt like someone I was so blessed to have known was taken to soon. She was 7.5 months old. I know its a few months after Savanna left to dance with the Angels...but I still think about Savanna, T and J on a daily basis. T posted a blog yesterday, they got the autopsy report. SIDS. Even though I spent about 3 hours total with the Bogue family, I would have done anything to be there for them during this difficult time.

Savanna- I wish I could have seen you for your first birthday. Promise to dance with the Angels. Watch over your mommy and daddy and show them signs that you're still around and help heal their hurt. Let them get enough closure to continue on with their everyday life. Please know sweet Savanna, anyone who has ever been lucky enough to have met you was truly was blessed to have known you.

T and J- You will always have a friend in me. If you ever need anything...let me know!! I could never thank you enough for trusting  me to capture so many special memories for you.


T - NEVER stop writing. You have an amazing way with words. Someday - your words should be read by the world. And when they are, I will be one of the first ones in line to buy your books!

Losing a child is something I wouldn't wish on anyone but it made me learn something. It made it more clear to me how much I open my heart up to the families I work with.

I can honestly say- I have the BEST clients and I love them all!!

RIP dear sweet Savanna- until we meet again!



Please read T's amazing words

1 comment:

  1. You are so right April. It may have just been an hour here and an hour there but you were there to capture the most intimate and special moments. I too felt an instant connection with you and you took beautiful photos! A definite plus!! :) I'm so grateful for the moments you were be able to capture.. although I can no longer look to my side and see my baby girl, I can look back at these pictures and feel warmth in my heart as I remember those moments. I can never thank you enough. You captured J and I as we are, and you captured all the joy, personality, beauty and innocence of my Savanna. Thank you for continuing to share her story and thank you for being such a wonderful and permaneant part of our lives. You are a forever friend and extended family. I thank the Lord for allowing your love of photography, for we were able to cross paths because of it.

    ReplyDelete